Corporate Affiliates Program
The Human Centered Design & Engineering (HCDE) Corporate Affiliates Program (CAP) enhances interaction between industry partners and HCDE. Affiliates enjoy a special connection with HCDE that fosters long-term relationships, leading to technical exchange, collaboration, and interaction with faculty, students, and alumni.
Affiliates can choose their level of membership, based on the needs of their company and their desired level of involvement with the HCDE Department.
Career Services Member ($500/year)
- Participation in the annual HCDE Career Fair (next scheduled for January 2014).
- Access to online resumes submitted by HCDE students/alumni at all degree/program levels.
- Ability to post permanent job openings for free on HCDE’s AfterCollege.com web page (non-Affiliates must pay a fee to post permanent job openings).
- Up-to-date information via departmental print publications (such as Explorations and Designing Up) and electronic newsletters.
- Company name listed on the HCDE Corporate Affiliates Program website.
Associate Member ($1500/year)
- All of the Career Services Member benefits plus…
- Access to hold information and recruitment/interview sessions with HCDE students/alumni on the UW campus throughout the year, organized by HCDE staff.
- Attendance at the morning session of our annual Corporate Affiliates Day (next scheduled for October 2013) on the UW Seattle Campus. Morning session activities include:
- State of the department and updates from the HCDE Chair.
- Research presentations and demonstrations by faculty, students, and alumni about current work.
- In-depth discussions among Affiliate members and faculty about current topics.
- Company logo and short bio on the HCDE Corporate Affiliates Program website.
Strategic Partner Member ($3000/year*)
- All of the Associate Member benefits plus…
- Opportunity to partner with faculty and students in classrooms and capstone topics.
- Suggesting projects for partnering on class and capstone topics.
- Collaborating on specific courses, seminars, and workshops of common interest.
- Designation as an HCDE Strategic Advisory Board Member, who advises the department.
- Attendance at the afternoon session of our annual Corporate Affiliates Day (next scheduled for October 2013) on the UW Seattle Campus. Afternoon session activities are designed exclusively for interaction between HCDE Strategic Advisory Board Members and faculty, and include:
- Meeting of the Strategic Advisory Board to discuss department and industry interests.
- Planning sessions to identify specific company needs that may be linked to HCDE class and capstone projects.
- Expanded in-depth discussions among Affiliate members and faculty about current course and research topics.
- Opportunities to visit department research labs.
- Complimentary Corporate UW Libraries Card ($200 value, one per company). This card offers access to all UW Libraries and can be shared between organization employees.
*Amount may vary if member companies wish to maintain IP in capstone projects.
How to Join
Membership in the HCDE Corporate Affiliates Program requires a qualifying contribution and is valid for one year from receipt of payment. Contributions are to be used to further the overall efforts of HCDE at the discretion of the Chair.
To join the HCDE Corporate Affiliates Program, please submit the CAP Membership Form (PDF) along with your qualifying contribution.
Rates noted above are in effect for the 2013-2014 academic year.
To learn more about the HCDE Corporate Affiliates Program, please contact Cassie Atkinson-Edwards at email@example.com or 206.221.1666.