Corporate Affiliates Program
The Human Centered Design & Engineering (HCDE) Corporate Affiliates Program (CAP) enhances interaction between industry partners and HCDE. Affiliates enjoy a special connection with HCDE that fosters long-term relationships, leading to technical exchange, collaboration, and interaction with faculty, students, and alumni.
Affiliates choose their level of membership based on the needs of their company and their desired level of involvement with HCDE.
Career Services Member ($500/year)
- Participation in the annual HCDE Career Fair every January
- Access to online resumes submitted by HCDE students and alumni.
- Ability to post permanent job openings for free on HCDE's AfterCollege.com web page (non-Affiliates must pay a fee).
- Ability to post internships in HCDE's internships database.
- Receive up-to-date information via departmental print publications (e.g., Explorations and Designing Up) and electronic newsletters.
- Have company logo and short bio on the HCDE Corporate Affiliates Program website.
Associate Member ($1500/year)
- All of the Career Services Member benefits plus…
- Access to hold information and recruitment/interview sessions with HCDE students/alumni on the UW campus throughout the year, organized by HCDE staff.
- Attend HCDE annual Corporate Affiliates Day (next scheduled for October, 2014) on the UW Seattle Campus. Activities include topics such as:
- State of the department and updates from the HCDE Chair.
- Research presentations and demonstrations by faculty, students, and alumni about current work.
- Presentations about projects offered by CAP members in HCDE classes, capstones, and directed research groups.
- In-depth discussions among Affiliate members and faculty about current topics.
Strategic Partner Member ($3000/year)
- All of the Associate Member benefits plus…
- Opportunity to partner with faculty and students in classroom projects, capstone projects, and directed research groups.
- Exclusive invitation to HCDE events, providing an opportunity to network with other Strategic members and contribute input concerning future directions for the department.
- Complimentary Corporate UW Libraries Card ($200 value, one per company). This card offers access to all UW Libraries and can be shared between organization employees.
*Special membership plans exist for Non-Profit/Government Organizations, and Startup companies with 10 or fewer employees. For more details, please contact Cassie Atkinson-Edwards.
Membership in the HCDE Corporate Affiliates Program is valid for one year from receipt of payment. Contributions further the overall efforts of HCDE at the discretion of the Chair.
To join, please submit the online CAP Membership Form along with your qualifying contribution.
Rates noted above are in effect for the 2013-2014 academic year.
Corporate Affiliates Program Coordinator
University of Washington | Human Centered Design & Engineering
email@example.com | 206.221.1666
Join HCDE Corporate Affiliates Program
To join, please submit the CAP Membership Form along with your qualifying contribution.
Membership in the HCDE Corporate Affiliates Program is valid for one year from receipt of payment. Current rates are in effect for the 2013-2014 academic year.