- Admissions and Enrollment Data (.xlsx)
- Corporate Affiliates Program Information
- Internships Administration (Authentication required)
- New Staff Hire Checklist (PDF, Authentication required)
- Programming Husky Card Instructions
- Using Salesforce Handout (PDF)
- Staff Meeting Agendas
- Staff Organizational Chart
- Staff Performance Evaluations
- Staff Professional Development
- State Employee Tuition Exemption Page
- Student Services Resources
- Student Services Server Flow Chart (PDF)
- Student Travel Request Funds (Authentication required)
Cassie Atkinson-Edwards: Office Manager (100% FTE)
- Manage front departmental office (answer phone, manage equipment and conference room reservations, respond to inquiries from faculty, staff, students, and general public.)
- Assist with departmental facilities planning and space assignments; manage building access (keys, programming Husky Cards)
- Coordinate activities in support of the Corporate Affiliates Program
- Order and maintain office supplies, publications, parking passes, copier supplies (paper, toner, stapler), and arrange for maintenance services
- Process gifts and communicate with donors and Advancement office staff regarding alumni relations, tracking, and special reports (using both Advance and departmental database)
- Manage students assistants
Robin Donovan, Assistant to the Chair (100% FTE)
- Maintain Chair's calendar, schedule meetings relating to the chair, direct COE and UW award nomination processes, and manage special events (i.e., Open House and Research & Design Showcase, Faculty Retreat)
- Academic Human Resources (faculty appointments, re-appointments, sabbatical requests, merit review process, promotion & tenure, etc.)
- Schedule and attend faculty meetings, take minutes and post online, identify action items and coordinate follow up
- Assist Chair and Associate Chair in finding, cultivating, and managing a pool of instructors from the professional community
Allen Lee, Fiscal Specialist (100% FTE)
- Manage payroll for new and current employees.
- Coordinate travel, including reimbursements, planning, and advances.
- ProCard reconciliation.
- Coordinate petty cash and check requests for reimbursements.
- Collaborate with Grants Coordinator, as needed, on fiscal management of grants/contracts, faculty start-ups and gift budgets.
- Manage equipment inventory and insurance.
- Provide backup support to front office reception
Emily Lloyd, Program Assistant (50% FTE)
- Faculty/Classroom Support: Time Schedule preparation; grades, course materials and equipment, student evaluations. Department contact to Registrar's office and Classroom Support Services.
- Assist advising staff with undergraduate, graduate, and certificate admission processes.
- Provide support to student services and advising activities.
- Graduation: Assist with annual graduation ceremony and reception planning.
- Assist the Director of Student Services with non-curricular activities, including one-time and recurring speaker series, job fairs, internship informational sessions, and other miscellaneous events.
DJ Miller, Administrator (100% FTE)
- Fiscal planning and budgeting for all department funds (self-sustaining activities, state budget, RCR, discretionary sources)
- Human Resources (staff and student employees) [Academic Human Resources (faculty) managed by Chair's Assistant]
- Lead efforts for developing and implementing departmental procedures for non-academic related issues
- Oversee space/facilities planning. Manage daily activities handled by Office Manager
- Oversee grant/contract activities. Manage daily activities handled by Grants Coordinator
- Manage Corporate Affiliates Program
- Supervise Computing Manager, Grants Coordinator, Fiscal Specialist, and Office Manager
Leah Pistorius, Communications Manager (100% FTE)
- Maintain and update department website and department social media
- Manage, create, and update department news
- Design, write, maintain, and update department publications and marketing and promotional materials
- Lead efforts to develop and maintain comprehensive communication and marketing plans for the department
- Oversee distribution of department publications and marketing/promotional materials
Scott Rivers, Computing Manager (100% FTE)
- Manage computer resources and services to support the educational and research mission of the department
- Manage the department's computer and network equipment, software, educational computer labs, and server infrastructure
Elaine Shelley, Grants Coordinator (70% FTE)
- Administer daily oversight of the department's sponsored research activities
- Manage faculty budgets (grants, start-up, gifts)
- Advise Principal Investigators (PIs) and support staff in development and preparation of grant and contract proposals.
- Serve as Department resource for proposal processing applications (SAGE, NSF FastLane, Grants.gov, NIH eRA Commons, etc.)
- Department liaison for University offices related to sponsored research activities.
- Administer purchasing related to faculty budgets
- Coordinate with the Fiscal Specialist as needed.
Stephanie White, Undergraduate Academic Adviser (75% FTE)
- Advise prospective undergraduate students on admissions processes and program requirements
- Host recruiting events for the department, including community college fairs and UW major days.
- Counsel undergraduate students throughout their course of study on departmental, college, and university policies and requirements
- Facilitate undergraduate admission process
- Graduation: Organize annual graduation reception.
- Direct Exchange Program: Coordinate exchange program with University of Twente. Department contact to UW's IPE office and Twente's International Office.
Lauren Witt, Academic Services Manager (100% FTE)
- Advise prospective graduate students on admissions processes and program requirements
- Host recruiting events for the department, including graduate recruiting events on and off campus, informational sessions throughout the region, and UW Graduate School events.
- Counsel MS, PhD, and certificate students throughout their course of study on departmental, college, and university policies and requirements
- Coordinate curriculum committee with associate chair of academics, advising faculty on university policy and guidelines related to departmental changes
- Assist students and faculty on non-curricular activities, including one-time and recurring speaker series, job fairs, internship informational sessions, and other miscellaneous events
- Facilitate HCDE admission processes (except BS)
- Coordinate curricular activities with UW Continuing and Professional Education for all evening programs
- Supervise HCDE Undergraduate Academic Advisor and Program Assistant
Front Office Student Assistants
- Provide clerical and general administrative assistance to the department